Monday, June 25, 2018

Disappointing

Well this sucks.

Michi just sent me the photos she took here yesterday and she says I'm not allowed to share them.

Apparently she feels they're so good she is certain someone will steal them (and crop out her signature). They are indeed the best I've seen yet from her camera, so perhaps she's right. She's had customers publish her photos to Facebook without crediting her, if you can believe that. (Who would remove a signature - and post to Facebook!!?)

She also said I'm not allowed to download versions of the photos in "internet-quality" because it will diminish her work (she wants her photos ultra clear, and they will fade when reduced in size). I'm not allowed to crop or photoshop them (she's already removed the fencing in the photos, nothing more is necessary).

I cannot come right out and ask if I can share on my blog because my blog is a secret from the Germans I know. (When I talk about bloggers, I call them, "people on the horse forums." White lie?)

Sometime her photos change the horse significantly - she made Mara look like a different horse. But these are spot-on, showing Mag's joy at running, leaping, and flinging his hair, eyes sparkling. "If horses could talk, he'd be laughing."

Bummer. 

One nice thing, I heard from Nelaya today and she said she will put my bridle into their online catalog, and share photos of Mag on their Facebook page. Woo! Mag on Facebook!

2 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Lots of people crop out watermarks and post to Facebook! It's even happened to me and I'm not a pro!!

AareneX said...

Yep, I've found my photos on FB with no attribution...I've even found them on other people's blogs! Crazy. I don't watermark, though.

I found Mag's picture on FB. Such a handsome boy!