Friday, October 2, 2020

This morning at 6 AM, and then stuff

First, it was a strange newscast this morning, as we lay in bed at 6 AM. Trump is being tested for the virus? Hm! We pondered that a while and then J drove off to work, before dawn.

7 AM he called me and said Trump tested positive. I was relieved. Not because I wish illness or death on him! But because this might actually change the deniers' opinion. You all know Boris Johnson was treated and recovered. 

It was weird cuz as I ate my breakfast Facebook was not yet aware. CNN was not yet aware. 10 minutes later CNN was AWARE*lol*

I realized that the news must have broken on America's east coast at 1 AM. 

***

Tomorrow is Germany's reunification day. The 30 year anniversary of the joining of West and East. I realized late that it's my last chance to get groceries into the house til Monday, so J and I went to Aldi and experienced more shoppers than ever, and they were all strangely calm, dealing with it.

***

There are cats coming around now. They know Mercer is gone. It insulted me at first, but I'm starting to be drawn to them. Today a black cat sat down on 72 and just hung out with me at a distance. Moving a little when I moved, but sitting down again, staring at me. She did not like Bellis coming right at her, "Who are you!"

***

We are staying safe here. Corona tests every 2 weeks for J (and if I'm positive, he's positive, we're super cuddly). J went with me to my general practioner for a Corona test (subsidized by the state for teachers) when I needed an EKG (stress!) and blood test. My arm is still black and blue from a blood test over a week ago. I actually went back to my doctor and said, "Hey doctor! Look at my arm, you did that." He replied "Shit." (!!??)

I'm studying German online and watching Big Bang in German which is exactly 50% as funny as in English, the jokes do not translate.

I have a job interview next week (how long has that been? for a real job?) The position is only medic basic, but that would be so much better than nothing!  I have all the knowledge of medic 2, but failed the last test, as you know. So I'm plenty qualified to be a .....oh crap I have no idea what the job title is in America. I have been going through my medic text book again and again....

 

This is one of the RTW I actually worked on: ) I'm familiar with every nook and cranny. I long to do it again.

 

OK I've gibber jabbered enough about very little. I wanted to share photos, afterall.

 


I miss my home. My family and the vehicle that lets me visit my dad.

This is the Polish stallion El Omari, the father of the precious Poganinka who I met in Aachen in 2018, the most loving horse I've ever met, except maybe Baasha, that first day. When I saw this photo of El Omari  I thought it was a painting. In case you forgot, below are photos of me falling in love with his daughter.




Below is Pustynna Oaze, Mag's full sister ("desert oasis" in Polish). I'm always delighted when I find photos of Mag's close family online. And if I understsand correctly, she's being kept by Michalow State Stud. So, if Mag had been a girl, I'd never have had the chance to buy him???

See how she's tied? They tie all their horses every day, usually with chains. Mag's superpower is standing tied.



This is a random horse I found on Facebook and I thought if any horse didn't need jewelry, it's this one. His fluffy forelock and sweet expression are enough. I love that his ears are hairy. There was a time in the 90s when I liked a clean trimmed horse but now I think ears shaved of all hair are wrong. But honestly if Mag has hair sticking out, I trim that. When he was drugged recently for his dental appointment, I was tempted to get the clippers and shave his ears bald while he slept. But Winter is coming so I couldn't do it. We did get a big bean out of his penis. Did you know, the vet told me, that most Germans don't know about the concept of sheath cleaning? That it's not a regular practice by any means, and that horses will just not be able to pee at all when the owner calls the vet? Wow. It felt really good that the vet applauded my attention to the task.

 

Below is a shot of my arm, it's not pretty.

 

 


You give a blood sample, you should not end up like this. It got progressively worse, and it's day 9 and it is subsiding slowly, it looks like this photo again. But the pain. I couldn't bring a glass of water to my mouth without pain. Cleaning up poop was a tedious painful job. 

I wish only that my doctor could interpret the lab results. He seems kind of helpless. I did get a copy of it, and then use the Internet, which is stupid, that is what I'm paying the doctor for. 

Anyway, tomorrow is an important holiday, where the Germans remember the Wall.


6 comments:

TeresaA said...

My god, your arm!!! Ouch!!

AareneX said...

Okay, the arm bruise is AMAZING.

Covid testing sounds so reasonable when you describe it. And here in King/Snohomish County it's pretty easy to get a free (ish) test. For my friends elsewhere in the US, not so much.

I am beginning to plan for future events without using the phrase "when things go back to normal" I think I'm in the stage of mourning where I accept that we aren't going back.

Cats. When one finds you, be gracious. It is a blessing.

Nat D said...

THat is some rough handling for a blood test? did they poke you for a vein?

lytha said...

Teresa, thank you for that: )

Aarene, the thought of not going back *shudder* I promise you I won't feed that cat. I'll just do my best to not scare him away while I'm out there.

ND, This is the only person I'll let stick me with a needle cuz I trust him with that skill (my GP). I am guessing my body fat is high enough to make my veins hard to find. As usual it took him a while to find it but when he did, it was no problem. The problem was after he pulled out the needle. For some reason he pushed down on the spot with a great deal more force than necessary and obviously something ruptured. I actually pulled back against him, "OW!" but didn't think much of it until the next day: ) It was a regular blood test.

Tina said...

That is scary that your doctor doesn't know how to read a lab result.

HHmplace said...

My arms looked like someone's idea of a macabre pin cushion.