Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Israel

Israel. Netanjahu told the world I am uninvited from visiting this month, a visit me and my mother had tickets for, forever now.

Israel has not said Americans cannot visit, for some odd political reason. Several European countries may not visit, including Germany.

My mom and I are heartbroken. For decades we'd both dreamed of seeing the Holy Land.

No one from Germany may visit Israel. But most German schools are open, even though the epicenter of the virus in Germany is exactly where I live, near Cologne. (Ironically I'm from Seattle.) Why does my husband have to keep teaching high school when all gatherings of over 1000 people are now illegal in Germany?

Trying to get my flight ticket refund took us 3 days straight on the telephone. I called every 10 minutes tonight for 2 hours.

J said, "If Lufthansa Airlines has more than 1000 people in its call center, they're not allowed to come to work, so?"

Very funny.

Before I die, I will see Israel.

5 comments:

hainshome said...

I'm so sad that you guys can't go. ☹️

Shirley said...

That is really sad! But I don't blame countries for closing down travellers. However.... this too shall pass.

Nat D said...

It sucks. Im also grounded, stuck inside a travel ban snafu. Getting even a partial refund from airlines was way too difficult. 6 days of the runaround between airlines and agency. Yuck.

But Im happy to be safe at home, with little risk of quarantine. Had I gone on my trip I might be stuck for 14-21 days in a remote old russian army barrack. Double yuck!

AareneX said...

I had no idea this was happening! I'm sorry you can't go this time.

HHmplace said...

Iowa so far has only a handful of cases. Our little town is "normal" so far & we hope it remains so. You will get to go - the right time will come!