Monday, March 23, 2020

Grundstueck 72, cont.

Here is the satellite image of 72, which you can discern from red lines and the border at our pasture on the right, and our house in the left (70)..


     


Did I mention that 72 came with an unavoidable additional SIX other properties? Tiny, spread out, not buildable, places I've not yet walked on.

The red below shows what we will be buying when we switch from leasor to owner. (Paperwork pending.) The owner wants nothing to do with these 7 crappy sheaths of land that no one is allowed to do anything with besides cutting up the fir trees that fall, regularly. So in buying 72, we're buying a headache, a smattering of useless land bits that only require removal of deadfall, and that are not legal to build on, not even a chicken hut, if we liked chickens (no).



     


Now you all know exactly where we live. Never a secret to my blogland friends. This image shows the mess of tiny properties we'll be responsible for.  But having #72 is so worth it. I wish I'd had my camera this morning as Mag ran bouncing around like a bunny and twising up in the air on only 2 hooves, showing me how happy he is. We're happy too.


     

I had to include this photo also taken last year, my saddle bag bottles prepared, half frozen water, half Kool Aid. I love Kool Aid! That's what saddle bags are for.

A far-off memory, riding, and with Kool Aid.

We'll see what happens.  Our friend in Rome wrote us today, it's nothing good.

3 comments:

AareneX said...

You can have ALL my kool-aid.

Those extra properties are growing FIREWOOD, dear. That's what we call deadfalls around here. Unless it's cottonwood, if it falls, we bust it to size and burn it. If you look around, probably somebody wants to buy it--they may even come onto the property and bust it to size themselves.

I'm so glad Mag and Bellis are happy. I worry about Italy. And Seattle....

TeresaA said...

AareneX makes a good suggestion. Another is whether it's possible to donate it for a community garden?

Here people with useless bits of land simply stop paying the property taxes and the government takes them.

lytha said...

Aarene, do you have the old flavors of kool aid, like, the blue ones? They don't sell those anymore, I don't think. The colors were too blatant, I guess.

I thought exactly what you do, that firewood scouts would be willing to cut up and remove deadfalls, but J disagrees. He says the wood is useless even for burning, because it's dead and eaten by this particular beetle that killed massive amounts of Germany's forests last year. I grew up loading free wood by the side of the freeway that my dad cut up with his chainsaw. We don't own a truck, tractor, nor chain saw so it's not easy for us when a tree falls. I will however put an ad on kijiji just in case there are dead-wood scouts!

TA, we are going to ask people who own adjacent land if they want "a little bit more" but doubt we'll find anyone because the land is so useless. We've already asked two adjacent land owners and they were SO not interested: ( Stop paying the taxes? I assume if that was possible we'd have to lose ALL the lots, and we really want the one.: ) We already paid the government a mandatory land-transfer fee for the city to decide whether or not they want to buy any of the lots. They took forever to say "no.": )