Saturday, May 12, 2018

Seli's photos

These photos are from a couple weeks ago, I'll have to scold her next time I see her: "Let's make a deal. If we take pics of each other, we share."

Happy to have them. Some were taken by Cora the girl who rode the Tinker named Gypsy (get it? Gypsy?)



Mag waits for us for the umpteenth time. This is Gypsy's dual-side mane. Nice! Wouldn't wanna ride her though. She makes her own decisions out there, rather like a donkey.



Cora must have caught this of us - I love candid photos! I insisted on bathing Momo because it was so hot out. Cora was kind enough to offer me water but I had two bottles in my saddle. I don't understand how people can ride horses without water bottles on their saddles in Summer. In Winter Baasha used to carry travel mugs with hot tea for me. I think it's the German opposition to multitasking - if they're eating or drinking, they're sitting and enjoying, not riding a horse or walking down a street or driving a car.

I love this photo also because Mag demonstrates again his tying skills in strange places, and around the corner where he's looking is the location Mara reared straight up in the air when I tried to saddle her for the TTEAM clinic, she was such a mess.

To be honest Mag does fidget and become worried when Momo leaves him alone there. Mag's only human.



AWESOME! This is my favorite trail of all in our area - it's a single track! You've probably never seen a photo of me riding a single track, because they practically don't exist here - all trails are also roads. This reminds me of home so much! I always feel safe on single track, because the horses have to pay attention to the ground and not look out the window.

At this time I'd asked Seli to take Mag to the back for practice, and he's clearly wishing the two well-fed ones would move to the side and let him pass. Sorry Mag!

Cora was riding in one of those Spanish style sheepskin bareback pads with stirrups and absolutely could not mount from the ground, from a hill even, without help. Seli had me line Momo up beside her and hold her off stirrup so she had a chance. Bareback pads are cool until you have  no way of getting back on your horse!

I love how riding a Haflinger makes your butt look smaller. I dislike how blogger's spell check thinks Haflinger is not a word. *peer*


Momo following Mag's shadow.

It was sooooo hot out. I love how when I get a "Momo day" I get to wear actual riding boots. They're not made for hiking, what I do a lot of with Mag, unfortunately.

I don't like what I'm seeing in Momo's fetlocks - it looks like DSLD to me, though some breeds tend to demonstrate that "naturally." Or is it just tufts of hair on the front of the leg?

I think Seli wants me to ride one-handed but it's too late for me now. When I first learned to ride (Western) I learned one hand. Since then I've ridden English most of my life so it doesn't feel natural.

Hm, I wonder if Seli would let me bang Momo's tail. I love a banged tail on a non-Arab.

Good memories are building up.

They're starting to erase the bad ones.

I even girth Mag up now without worry, which is huge.

And riding will be fun again, I think.

1 comment:

AareneX said...

riding = fun

That's the goal!!!!