Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vacation update

This is me in Seattle. Suffering in ridiculous hot weather. We are trying to have fun, despite it, geocaching like crazy and seeing family.

I am troubled every day about my horse, because the news from home is not good. His eyes are infected terribly, and he has to be locked in a darkened stall every day. And he has to wear a mask, and he has to have his eyes washed and medicated constantly.

Worse, from the confinement, he is lame. Even worse, he is "shutting down" mentally and emotionally from living in the dark. Unresponsive, apathetic, and depressed.

I am so glad that my sister in law is there, and the first day there, she called the vet out. A new vet, for a second opinion. Thank God, cuz what I had feared happened, the medicine was wrong. We are hoping that now we are on the right track, and that he will recover. Well, the vet has been out a few more times since she began her stay, and he says it is improving. I know that she is doing everything possible for Baasha, and everything I would do if I were there.

It is really hard for me to be in Seattle while my baby is suffering, but I trust her and the vet.

Please say a prayer for my Baasha, I think he needs it.

13 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Poor Baasha! He will be ok, sorry it has to put a wrench in your vacation, at least you have someone who cares taking care of him!! Hang in there Lytha!

Unknown said...

Oh no! We'll say a prayer here and I hope he does much better...

Leah Fry said...

I'm sorry your vacation has to be spoiled by worry. Prayers are on the way. Hope he's better.

Laura said...

Oh no - poor Baasha. I'm glad your sis-in-law is there trying to help. I hope he gets better.

cdncowgirl said...

Poor Baasha, I'll add him to my prayers.

Chelsi said...

Awww! Poor pony! It sounds like he is on track now so I hope to hear soon that he is muc better. It sounds like he is in good hands and if you were there you'd probably be worried and stressed more than your sister-in-law and Basha would pick up on that... just trying to find some positive:)

Jingles for Basha

Fantastyk Voyager said...

awww, I'm so sorry that Baasha is doing poorly. He'll be okay though, try not to worry. You really can't do anything about the situation until you get back, anyway.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh sweet, I think he shall turn for the better with a family member there...he is sensitive like my mare and will respond well, with some lovin' and outdoors!Mine would wither quikly inside too.
Can't wait to see you next week and know that I am praying for your beautiful Bassha.
Kac

AareneX said...

Many, many horsey prayers coming from our farm to Baasha!!! It's so hard to be away from them, and even worse when something goes wrong and you aren't there to worry in person.

I hope to see you before you fly home to your boy--give a call and come over to the farm, okay?

Melanie said...

Lytha-
I am so sorry to hear about Baasha, and if you are anything like me, the suspense of not really knowing what is going on is killing you.

It sounds like he is in competent hands though, which is good, right?? Even though it may be hard, try to have fun during the remainder of your trip. Go eat some Mexican food, and drink a margarita. :)

Funder said...

So sorry to hear this! Any news from the farm about him?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sorry about the heat. I hope you are finding ways to cool off...like that dip in the cool stream.

I feel so bad for you having to worry so much about your dear Baasha, though there is nothing more you can do, as it seems that everyone is trying to to make him well. I hope he does improve and gets better soon. And I hope he bounces back with no long-standing issues, too.
I'm sure he misses you and his usual routine with you and your Man, too.

((((HUGS)))) for all of you,
~Lisa

allhorsestuff said...

OHHH MAN! I can't believe I did NOT ask about Bassha on the phone yesterday!!
How is he?? And I noticed the CANADA on the header?! Just for traveling purposes I think -eh!
Me here Kac