Monday, June 6, 2022

Home in Normandy Park, WA

My mom still lives in Normandy Park, Washington. It is indeed a park, the entire area borders  Puget Sound, with little creeks and cliffs between houses and salt water. We spent hours geocaching between my mom's house and the water, and the beach can go out so far you have crunching animals under your feet for hundreds of meters. 

J wanted to go to Marine View Park. I said no. No, no, no, I've been there as a teenager, I'd been there older, I'd been there old enough to know I never want to go there again.

"But there's a geocache."

U-huh. 

I told him with explicit language how miserable we'd be if we took that hike down that cliff to the water.  

Indeed, at the top of the cliff, was a warning:

What trails have you been on with such a warning? 

We did it anyway. I made it almost all the way down, but since I'd done it before, I turned back and trudged my way back up the hill.

I had to stop every so often to catch my breath. 

Near the top there was a lady who contemplated going down. I said, "No."

"Unless you are one of those people who pay money to work out, you will not enjoy this. This is awful, to be avoided."

She still thought about it but eventually turned around based on our misery.

A wise choice.

Here is a link to yelp.

Don't be tempted by the views - Seattle has those everywhere: )




No comments: