Sunday, April 8, 2018

Home!

We just got back to Germany and I have lots to tell you about America! How it has changed, and how deeply I enjoyed some things and was appalled by others.

Happily our animals are here, and well, and since this is the first time I have ever left Mag for more than a couple days, I was curious how he would react to me.

Mag's reaction to my return was nothing more than intense snuffling of my entire body, because I smell like Seattle. I was subjected to prolonged inhalations from my head to my shoes. I know what I smell like. Seaweedy Hemlocky Mossy Seafoody Cedary Saltwatery Swamp-tulipy. Smells that are intense if you only have them occasionally, that one might overlook if it's always in your nose.

Yes, Mag, it is really us! If anyone thought he might switch to the tidy life while we were gone, I'm sorry to say he has not. I rubbed on him and his mud-coated body was disgusting, his coat rough, and had a few long cuts where he's scraped himself. Mag, you look like an orphan.

Just now the cat came in and J is feeding her, playing games with her, they are having a wonderful reunion.

The donkey was happy to have some massages.

It is 2 pm in Seattle, and I am wide awake despite not sleeping at all during the night getting here, which was actually day. It is 11 pm here as the black sky and stars try to convince my jetlagged brain.

More later....

4 comments:

TeresaA said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear about your trip. We leave for Budapest Weds. I am so very excited.

AareneX said...

Welcome home, and I'm so sorry I couldn't meet up with you while you were in Seattle. But be glad I didn't give you this cough and cold which is STILL hanging on!

Smells of home, yes, exactly. We went to Spokane for 2 days and when we returned the smells of wet alder pollen and clean dry hay back home were so welcome.

Is Mag shedding yet? Fiddle is, finally--and because she's confined all day, she doesn't roll much. Shedding blade to the rescue. She likes the attention.

ellie k said...

Welcome home, missed your posts.

Shirley said...

Oh hey! Didn't know you were that close! I woulda waved at your jet! Glad you had a safe journey.