Thursday, April 4, 2013

We're home, and the Quarab is not for sale

We got home late last night from Italy. This morning I read my email and was disappointed to see that the owner changed her mind and doesn't want to sell the Quarab mare. I was expecting disappointment* but I had assumed they'd have sold her to another buyer the week we were gone, because she was just such a good mare.

This is the second mare recently that the owner decided she couldn't part with after I showed interest. The other was a bay straight egyptian with a similarly laid back temperament.

Maybe I'll email the owner of Shirokih (the chestnut gelding with the blaze) and ask if she'd be willing to arrange a vet check for him. I am hesitant but had so hoped to have a horse here by May.

I'll write about Rome as soon as I upload the photos. I took 441 photos!


*If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments - TMBG

9 comments:

HHmstead said...

Keep up the quest!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Well now.
: (
maybe when you're interested in a horse you should totally diss it to the owner, then call up and offer a total lowball figure indicating you are not really interested.
???
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Tina said...

That is disappointing that the Quarab isn't for sale now. Can't wait to read if you get the gelding now though. He looked great too!

Reddunappy said...

Hi!

Parelli posted this trailer, wondered if you had seen it?
http://indee.tv/films/view/OoZgZzoFsAHiSKDfiVGYUwuIaxXAmBqb/

Reddunappy said...

Sorry your having such a hard time finding a horse. It will work out when the right one comes along!!!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh, That Is A Bummer. I'm Sorry.
Huh. I Don't Get It.
Try For The Vet Check Though On Mr Handsome Shirokih.

Can't Wait To See Italy Through Your Lense!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What the heck??! Why does it seem like there are so many owners offering to sell their horse in Germany, and then when you show an interest, they take back the offer?
Are they just playing games just to see what other people think of their horse? Or trying to get other people to exercise their horse for free?

I don't get it and am very disappointed for you! :(

~Lisa

Achieve1dream said...

Oh no! That's awful! I never would have guessed it would be so hard to buy a horse in Germany.... maybe you should buy one in the States and take it over there. That may be more expensive though... just a thought. :)

KRE said...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. You do that and He will bring you to the horse for you, like Baasha which was so obviously a miracle. Love you dear and hang in there. KRE