Thursday, January 21, 2021

Now I have seen everything

You remember my post a while back about a travelling service that puts your horse in a trailer and then pushes saline steam at your horse for an hour, as "ocean breeze therapy"?  There are many, many people travelling around Germany with a tiny 2-horse trailer equipped with saline steam. The horses come out soaking wet. I wonder how they feel about stepping out into snow.

I was pretty amused but now I've seen their next incarnation of travelling horse trailer therapy:

Seasonal Affective Disorder Therapy for horses:

 Color light therapy 🔆

We know for ourselves how a grey rainy day affects our minds. On a sunny day we are often better tuned. All beings depend on sunlight to stay healthy. 🌞
Individual light frequencies positively affect the energy system of living beings. With the help of color light, sturgeon fields can be effectively influenced, because colors have different vibrations and these have a positive impact on humans and animals ❗
They can have a regulatory, building or harmonizing effect. Among other things, organs, glands and nerves are influenced. 💡
Irregularities in the vibration behavior of the individual cell can be offset by color light. 🔆
Above all, the color light activates the self-healing powers and that also in case of chronic suffering. This is how color light therapy supports your horse optimally during the inhalation ❗
➡️ In the next post, we'll tell you what color can work like ❕


7 comments:

TeresaA said...

Wow, both of those things seem really weird to me.

lytha said...

Teresa, since you and I come from the shore, I was curious what you think of that "brine-water-steam-bath therapy". I read into it and it's generally accepted that people who live near the sea have ...better health? If that were true we'd all live there. I LOVED living my entire American life near the sea, often in mornings the air was thick with it, but the calls of sea lions and the fog horns from the ferries were always with me at night.

If saline infused air is healthy, wouldn't we all do it?

AareneX said...

I loved living by the shore. HOWEVER I loved hiking in Arizona.

Basically, I like being outside. I'm pretty sure Hell is located next to a food court in a mall that lacks windows. Because the opposite of that, no matter where, is a good thing.

Dom said...

Those are some odd practices. I will say that putting horses under lights is pretty common in the breeding industry. It's used to get mares to cycle earlier in the season so foals can be born earlier and have an advantage over others of the same year. AND they use lights to trick yearlings into thinking it's time to shed their winter coats so they can look shiny for the sales! It does work. But for S.A.D.? I dunno... that seems like a stretch.

EvenSong said...

I’m thinking that horses locked in a cell...Er...stall 24/7 could maybe use some full spectrum light...

lytha said...

Aarene, but the food court is the only place I know to get a corn dog on a stick and J's never had one and I'm planning on forcing him to eat one as soon as we get back! I'm actually making a list of foods we have to try in America. On my list is real southern BBQ. I think we'll have to get back on an airplane to find it.

Dom, I remember seeing blue light goggles for mares, apparently they work!

Evensong, I visited a barn once with a sign outside, "Sunny bright stalls" and once inside it was pitch black, during the day. I looked up and saw there were skylights in the roof, but they were all covered in a thick layer of snow. OK, what can ya do: )

HHmplace said...

I had full spectrum bulbs installed over my desk when I worked in offices. My boss used to come over & say; "Beam me up Scotty!" Then - ordered some for his office. As to the brine steam - no way. Poor horses...