Tuesday, July 21, 2020

I try to grasp (real) golf on our bike tour of the Netherlands border

The photo below shows me fascinated by a couple playing real golf in the Netherlands.

We took a bike tour of the Netherlands border Saturday  - I rode my bike 7 hours! More later, I just wanted to show this picture of me, fascinated by real golf.


My experience with golf is CD-ROM golf. Hard to google. It's when people in your office start rolling around CDs from one end of the office to the other, and whoever makes it on the least rolls, wins. My given golfer name was Mara Jade. It was at one of my funnest jobs ever, a company called Visto on Queen Anne, Seattle. We played Fridays at 4. That means people were still working, and we were on our knees in their cubicles trying to roll the disc out from beneath their chairs. An "act of God" would be when they'd roll their chairs over our disc. Good times.

Real golf is hard. Although I believe I am a world-class putter, probably cuz I'm a world-class pooper scooper. (Never missed a single practice! - I spread the poop in my pasture, rather than collect it, so I'm excellent at sending poop where I want it to go.)

These little "sloughs" (Seattle people know the term, and guess where Seattle Slew got his name) often separate Germany from the Netherlands. On one side we could not read any of the signs, and we pretended to be able to speak Dutch, guessing what they said.

The Netherlands is the place to go for bike riding, if you like it flat.

     



3 comments:

AareneX said...

I love bicycle touring! It's not quite as wonderful as horse trekking, but a little more versatile :-)

Nat D said...

7 hours!!! Wow my butt would be sooo sore. Looks beautiful and green though!

HHmplace said...

It does look very pretty though! The flat would get a bit boring...