Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Prepotence in the Polish P, E, and B Arabian breeding lines


This week I have been in contact with some dude that is connected to the Polish state studs somehow, no idea yet, but he recently bought a filly out of Mag's full sister Pustynna Oaza. I'm just happy that Michalow thought to breed Mag's parents more than once, considering his faults. The filly is wonderful, from the video he sent me of her frolicking around in her bright blue Michalow halter, the one Mag arrived here in.

I hope to stay in touch with him. Funnily to me, although he's Polish, he prefers to communicate with me in German, rather than English. Ok then.

He sent me this photo of Mag's father (Poganin) yesterday and I flipped out completely, cuz I am not used to such prepotency in Arabian horses. Left-side mane, right-side pink nose, the left ear much more rounded out than the fluted right ear, every other hoof light, and the entire conformation including that face. And scars. WTH.

I simply must go to Poland. This morning Mag nickered at me urgently and I said, "What, Poganin's son?"

     




     


6 comments:

AareneX said...

So, that's super-cool. Good that you can connect with other members of the "family" that way!

I *wish* I could find photos of Fiddle's family. Greener Pastures used to have a photo of her mum, who was adopted through the agency at least 14 years ago, but I can't find it now. Google images brings back photos of newspaper clippings of her dad's races, but not pictures of horses. I have met Fee's half-brother (same stallion) Hector, and he is ginormous, 6 inches taller than my horse, and his full sibling Eppie is 4 inches shorter than my horse. So, other than the whole family being brown/bay, I got nuttin'. :-)

hammerhorses said...

They're both so lovely! The markings also remind me of my own polish bred gray mare. Though her snip is on the left side (funnily though, she has a half white lip on her right side). She's also a spooky pain in the tooshie and I'm frequently questioning my sanity in continuing with her, but she's so lovely to look at and is fun to ride (when she's not trying to spook everywhere)

lytha said...

Aarene, I'm sorry you cannot find photos of Fiddle's family: ( I never met Baasha's father but used to care for his mother and that was precious to me, to know her. Photos are better than nothing.

HH, I went to your blog to find a photo of your horse but couldn't find one. Can you show me her? I find it interesting that she's spooky cuz I'm used to that from my Egyptian, but Mag is the least spooky Arab I've known. However his nickname is Snorty McSnorterson, cuz he snorts at freaking everything. Last time the farrier was here he noticed (I had not) and asked ,"What is he snorting about?" I looked at Mag and said, "Oh, he is deliberating breaking through this electric wire cuz he hates being on this side of it. However, he knows it will hurt." : ) Mag's also twitchy and kicks out randomly for no reason, there is something off in his brain/body but his spooking threshhold is almost as low as the donkey's!

hammerhorses said...

Sorry, haven't done a blog in forever, are you on instagram? You can find me under the same user name and there are some pictures of Willow on there!

kbryan said...

Beautiful! But then so is Mag!

AareneX said...

I do love pictures of your horse, by the way. For any reason at all.