Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My new best photo

...and I took it myself, through the living room window! It's a rare shot to get, when a horse is gaping in interest at something but ducks its head down, reaching forward for a moment, as if to get another perspective. All the other shots were neck straight up in the air.

I got some nice photos because the neighbors moved their 10-horse, 1-pony herd to the pasture closest to our house.

I sent this to my photographer friend and her response was, "He seems to want to live with other horses, and not a donkey."

*sigh*

I'm consulting with my husband about the most tactful way to say I'm finished with this topic after 8 years of her pestering me about it. Tact? How relevant is tact in Germany? I heard recently: "You, as an American, will never be capable of being too direct with a German."

     


I put oil on Mag's hooves today for our neighborhood walk. I did it because of Nimo. A horse can be strong and happy one day and in need of release (as they say in German) the next. I cannot believe he's gone. And she'll never have the option of putting oil on his hooves again. His end was almost exactly like Baasha's, and somehow our last photos of our heart horses had rainbows over them.

7 comments:

AareneX said...

My horse gets that way every week when the garbage truck goes by: she is not afraid and is curious and likes to run and watch. Does that mean she needs to go live with garbage trucks? :-)

Shirley said...

That is a lovely photo!

AareneX said...

...I watched Fee do it again this evening when she was out grazing in the back yard, wish I'd gotten a picture. This time it was a flock of motorcycles swooping by on the road above the house. I am NOT getting a motorcycle to keep her company.

New in Town said...

Go hold a picture of yourself up in front of the horse, and make it rattly/interesting, whatever. Then have your hubby take a pic of their horses doing the same position and point it out that their horses prefer you over them, and maybe they should consider selling them?

irish horse said...

handsome! That is the face Major makes when the horse on the other side of the aisle is getting a treat!

Nat D said...

Can Bellis reach the itchy spots on Mag's withers?

lytha said...

Nat D, Bellis is 120 cm and Mag is 150? no idea. They do mutual groom, but not as often as best friends do.

New in Town, thanks for the support. It feels so bad, so often.

Irish, just like Aarene said, same expression, ridiculous circumstances!