Friday, May 3, 2019

Mag gets his blanket

Although they've mown all the hay, and I've turned off our radiators a few times this Spring, it can happen, that in May, we get the "Ice Saints"  - if you don't want to click - just it turns snowy in May.

Mag was shivering yesterday eating his warm mash, and I gave up on saddling him, and had an awful time with him and his "holy ice" nerves. Story to come.

I was so glad I'd only taken in one of his two Winter blankets for cleaning (I can at least clean one of them by hand). So glad when I threw it on Mag's back...Mag, the coldest horse I've ever met.

...and he put his nose against my left ear and deeply inhaled and exhaled. He rarely does that. I think he was saying, "Yes."

As soon as I left, he dropped his head and dozed. He had been cold for the last two days and was finally warm.

Think of that warm shower after you've been camping in a leaky tent for the weekend.

Mag is blissing out.



2 comments:

TeresaA said...

Carmen HATES to be cold. She loves it when I put on a blanket.

AareneX said...

He's a very *thoughtful* horse, isn't he?