Wednesday, May 1, 2019

I made a window to my pasture!

I spent Germany's Labor Day (a national holiday, 1 May) on 72, hacking and chopping and trying to achieve my goal of making an opening between the 3 pieces of land.

I used the entire battery on my Stihl and my hands were trashed from lopper overuse but I did it. I made a little hole through 72, so in fact, I can see my pasture from my living room window! OK, to be honest, just a tiny sliver, but that sliver was 100% more than I'd ever had before and it is amazing.

     

I ran into this photo of Mara on my server and had to include it because  a little snow seems welcome at the moment. Dang that horse looked stressed all the time.



Here we go! I'm actually inside my house taking this photo. I'm aiming directly at my window, which is in the middle of this photo.


Zooming in you can see my fence along 72! Which means you could see a horse, if one were to stsand there. Amazing. It's a hazy day but I hope you can see the patch of evergreens on the far side of our pasture through my window. They are 5 acres away from where I took this photo!


I got a lot done today including the fun part, dumping sacks of beauty bark in various places. I love that stuff.


Check it out, I'm still in my front yard, but I can see my horse! First time in 10 years. It's just a little tunnel through the mess, but it is a wonder to me. J came out and helped me in the end, as I could not get through some of the bigger branches. Wouldn't every home owner like to see their horse from their living room window? We had to wait an awful long time for this.

6 comments:

TeresaA said...

I agree. there's nothing like seeing your horse out your window...

Tina said...

I love reading this. Your happiness comes right through your words! <3 <3

AareneX said...

How awesome is that!?!?!!!

Becky Bean said...

That view makes my heart happy for you.

hainshome said...

Yay!!

Shirley said...

That's wonderful! I assume you can eventually make it bigger and that will really make your heart sing!