Saturday, September 23, 2017

So much emotion after All Nations Cup

I cannot even blog about it properly yet, it was simply too much.

It's been a while since I've been to an all Arabian show.

I made friends with Mag's niece, and met my goal of talking to the employees of the Michalow stud in Poland, where Mag was born. This little niece, Poganinka: Everyone I was with wanted to take her home with them too, I wasn't the only one. Photos to come.

I met a couple of Arabian breeders from my area and sidled up to them. They want me to visit their farm and since it's in my state, of course I will. Egyptian Arabians only.

It's nice to see the perspective of the small breeder in light of Europe's biggest and fanciest.

I lost myself to a horse in the ring for the first time.

His name is Pogrom (and I'm sure by now you know, the P makes him Mag's relative. Mag's name is Pustynny Mag).

I'd read about him before....as I scrambled to my seat....

I said, "IS THAT POGROM!"

No, the Egyptian breeder told me, but yes, it was. I knew him from the articles.

The Boggs had secured him from Poland to America, cuz he was something special. I didn't care at the time.

Now I read that Mr Boggs lost emotional control the first time he saw him.

Like I did today.

And the old guy next to me, saw my face and grinned at me, "I know, I know this feeling."

I'd never had it before.

And did Pogrom win today? No, cuz his half brother did (also by QR Marc, was there by the Saudi Arabia stud that paid the entry fees of all this class). I admit, they are both awesome. But without Boggs on the line, or any Americans in the house,....Pogrom was 3rd.

Those disease carrier-WF Justice horses won more than anything else. I would never buy a breeding horse from a CA carrier. No way. (Don't go to the link without tissues, it's just awful.)

If you want to hear more of the dirty side of it, I'm afraid I cannot supply it, it was my first time there.

But then I made my way to the Michalow, Poland stalls. And found Mag's niece, and we all lost control as this filly took it from us.

I will tell more soon, but for now, I cannot live without a trip to Poland.


This bay fatty is a Nadir I son, and I nearly bought one a few years ago, if you recall, named Amja. But he had heart troubles, despite being from a strong Russian line. I loved those Russian Arabians. I met Nadir and Nagadir, amazing, almost freakishly lovely and strong. The halter I use now was the one I bought for Amja. If you remember, you'll see he looks just like this horse, who had no chance, and I'm sorry to say, the lady showing him was ridiculed by all the Arab men around us, who found it hilarious that a large woman would run with a horse. *!!!*** Now I know why my photographer friend seems racist against the Arabs in the audience. They smoked in the arena, disregarding German law, and were rowdy, yelling in Arabic over my back at times, and now laughing at this poor lady who has trouble.

If you happened to notice the only chestnut horse in the show, he was actually born in WASHINGTON STATE! WTH!!?!?!? But was bought by a middle eastern buyer, that is why he's here, there are no American horses here. But since he was born in my home state, I was partial to him. His name is Heir of Marwan and I have a video to him coming up, cuz he was just about as amazing as Pogrom. The people I sat with had no idea what it meant to me to see a horse that shared exactly 8 thousand kilometers from our birthplace, here today. 

Coming up, the most affectionate horse I've ever met - Mag's niece Poganinka. Such loving horses exist!?

2 comments:

Bakersfield Dressage said...

That looked like a lot of fun!!!! Speedy (G Ima Starr FA) is a great grandson of Bey Shah. :0)

ninergirl04 said...

So glad you got to go to the All Nations Cup show. I too fell in love with Pogrom when I saw the live feed of him winning Supreme Champion Stallion at the 2013 Scottsdale show and then again at the 2013 U.S. Nationals. Here's a great link to David Boggs' website, Midwest, which has a lot of history on Pogrom with many photos. http://www.midwestarabian.com/stallions/pogrom-2 Enjoy!