Thursday, August 28, 2014

Before and after photos

Don't we all love them? I am always thrilled when someone blogs about the improvements to their property, barn, garden, horse.

But I've been unable to find good photo examples of my horse's changes in the last year. I've learned a lot from you guys. First, you need the horse standing/moving in exactly the same pose. Second, you need the same lighting (weather), exactly. And same coat length. And the same camera angle - oops, I screwed that up today.

The horse thought the whole thing was silly, in comparison to 2013 when she was terrified of everything and floating around.



Mara being taken from her breakfast hay net.



I think she's feeling pitiful because I won't let her graze along the way.



Wait, there's something there, across my field.



I let her warm up, and she sampled grass along the way. She suspected we weren't working today, cuz I had a camera pointed at her. In this photo I'm amazed to see that Mara actually has a neck.



I like the puddles for the reflections.



Pintabian Nevio notices her and they nicker to each other.






I love this color phase of her coat. Soon to be gone again.



Now Levisto notices her. Levisto is the cutest horse of unknown breeding in the neighborhood.


Mara asks me, "Really, I can just graze along the edges?"



Levisto kept staring at us.



I love the pink snip on his nose, but would not wish his personality on an enemy. OK, some enemies....like Deutsche Telekom.



Best pic of the day, and she blinks.


OK  - The next two photos are my attempt at before/after. Sadly, I had the camera perspective wrong (horse is uphill from me, vs. downill) and the lighting, and the ...yah, the animation too.

But if you're careful, you'll see a few things that have changed despite my errors.

Oddly, there was no aspect ratio alteration of these photos, though it looks like it.

The next two photos are taken more than a year apart:














This one is for Fiddle. It'ts Mara's best impersonation.



2013, May.



Today.

We'll try this again sometime when the sun is not out.

8 comments:

Kitty Bo said...

I think there is definitely more muscling. They always know when you have a camera pointing at them.

AareneX said...

Hahaha,love the Fiddle impression.

Somebody is decidedly less fluffy than before. She was a pretty pony then...looking more like a Real Horse now!

Reddunappy said...

She looks great!! Definitely has lost weight. Look at the reach in her shoulder now!!! nice!!

kbryan said...

Such a purdy gurl!

CG said...

I see a big difference between the first and second photos in the set. Her stride looks much larger, her neck is reaching out and she looks a lot more balanced and powerful. Pretty!

Bakersfield Dressage said...

Her body looks much more mature! She looks less tubby and babyish and far more like a grown up. :0)

Nicole A said...

She's beautiful! Definitely looks more streamlined and at the same time more muscular. You can really see the Arab in her now. You've done such a fantastic job with her!

Achieve1dream said...

She is so gorgeous! Man I love that trot!