Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What Mara's not afraid of: Tarps

Before I threw this old ripped tarp away, I gave it to Mara to see what she would do. Before I had a chance to grab my camera, she was grabbing it in her teeth and shaking it. Licking it, pawing it, fighting the donkey for it, acting like it was the best gift ever.

I wanted to find some way to make a tunnel out of it so she could go through, but hanging it on the fence at the narrow pathway was also a good squeeze test.

For some reason the donkey kept trying to sniff Mara's nose after she'd played with the tarp. Mara doesn't want the donkey touching her nose, and reacts grumpily.

(I don't leave halters on my animals - in these photos I was planning on doing something with Mara so I had a halter on.)

Front feet on the tarp, no problem: )



You'd think I put food on the tarp, but I didn't.



Don't touch me!



 She yawns and Bellis doesn't give up trying to touch her.


Since this video was taken in June, Bellis has lost the rest of her Winter coat and looks like a different animal. I'll have to remember to get a picture of sleek Bellis. Something that only lasts a couple months max.

3 comments:

AareneX said...

Love the tarp, and the Mare Face!

kbryan said...

Mara is so pretty, looks like she has slimmed down too. And Bellis is as cute as always. Looks like it was a lovely day there.

Achieve1dream said...

Chrome loves tarps too! He thinks they make the best toys ever. :D

Zep is finally sleek too and you're right it doesn't last long which is too bad because his summer coat is so dark and gorgeous. I need to get some pictures of him. :)