Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pics and video from our lesson


KT is trying to get me to learn to hold my hands more upright instead of the 45 degree angle I normally have. She says it will help with my shoulder position. This is proving to be very difficult for me.

I got a terrible sunburn on my neck and upper arms and today I'm staying in the house by the AC and putting lotion on every couple hours.

Probably this photo was to show you how ridiculously unridable my new riding pants are.



Dun horse with Zebra look. KT said, twice, how good Mara was, standing tied patiently. Well, that's no challenge - she feels totally comfortable there.



Sleepy despite flies. KT convinced me to take the saddle off if Mara had to stand there while I photographed the next lady's lesson. I thought it was silly because standing with a saddle on for an hour is not torture, but I did it to make KT happy. Mara would wake up every so often and nicker or neigh hello whenever a horse came close, and once when a neighbor came to talk.



She started nibbling the post.



Immediately after the video below I jumped off of her and she nickered at me: )





And tonight, after 15 months of owning her, we find out if she goes into a horse trailer.

5 comments:

AareneX said...

Horse trailer? Do you get to GO SOMEWHERE?!

She rode to your place in a trailer, didn't she?

Love the pics and vids. Good job, both of you!

lytha said...

Full story tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

You should be proud - you both look great!

AareneX said...

::tapping toes, drumming fingers, hitting "browser refresh," tapping toes again::

Achieve1dream said...

You both look great!!! This makes me want to take lessons again so bad.