Monday, April 4, 2011

My after car

I've been thinking about my "after car" in hopes my husband will one day change me.

It's always fun to dream, especially in a place famous for its lack of speed limits.

I've had a fondness for BMWs even before living here. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.*

So here is my after car. I'm going to officially decide it's a 6 series because the M3 cannot match its luxury appeal. An American friend of mine bought one in Munich and test drove it on the Autobahn before having it shipped home.

The headlights turn when you go around corners. The ground lights up when you leave the vehicle.

Not sure about the Pinto coloration on this one but it was still nice.

That's my after car because I won't have to worry when I'm tempted to race. Of course this is my imaginary world where vampires cannot be staked, and there is no risk to other drivers at topping 100 mph.

But since I cannot count on my husband taking my mortality soon, I've had to look at a few "before cars" as well.

Although I'm driving my favorite car on the road right now, there is one other that I would want to buy if it were a hybrid. I have a long confidence in Honda and was absolutely taken with the European model called the Civic S.

I have never driven one but I did sit in the cockpit once.

They remind me of KITT with their single eye headlight.







It comes in "BAY"!


It has a Start button too!

Isn't it strange that I desire such a humble little car? I guess you have to know my history with cars to understand my appreciation of Hondas. I've had a lot of cars that you never knew while turning the key if you'd be going anywhere. Switching to Honda ended that worry.

When I pull up behind this at a stoplight I wanna drive one!

In addendum, I saw something funny today, being that I'm a full on Star Trek fan.


I like the Twilight books because I love tales of good vampires (Buffy) and hey, that's my home they're talking about.

*You knew that was a Ferris Bueller quote right?: )

7 comments:

Ms Martyr said...

Love the letter at the end. I bought the entire season of Angel when Amazon had it on sale. He's a "good" vampire.
We replaced both of our vehicles last October and hope the "new" used ones last twenty years like the old ones did. I just want to get from Point A to Point B without any drama.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I would love a BMW some day! I have to say I love Honda's and the Civic looks appealing wonder how it is in snow? So funny about the trekkies! Hope you have a great week.

Unknown said...

Rofl, love the letter. I'm a huge Trekkie as well.

I am actually eyeing the elantra for my next "before" car. Have you seen those?

lytha said...

Ms Martyr, Angel is on our list of must see series. If it's half as good as Buffy I'll be happy.

Frau, I don't drive in snow, and my man won't without winter tires. I imagine it's a front wheel drive like all civics I've known so probably OK.

Breathe, omgosh that Elantra looks so much like the Civic I pictured! Really pretty. My next door neighbors drive only Hyundais, (they pull a horse trailer with one!) and they tried to talk us into one but then we found a super deal on a used Prius.

Chelsi said...

I loooove me any classic car but for new i'd have to go with a Bentley Coupe.... I am in Miami and one drove by us yesterday and I could see myself behind the wheel:) I also just noticed a nice hard top Volvo convertible that looked pretty sweet. I like my Civic but what I'm really hoping for is a new truck some day soon:)

cdncowgirl said...

I love that little sign!
And the cars **drool** I have to say I didn't like the Pinto BMW, although the Bay Honda was cute. I have never seen a Honda like that one and now I want one! lol

lytha said...

Chelsie, i'm trying to keep this to cars only and hoping to avoid dream trucks because, well, i'm in Germany. please don't torture me with truck talk now.

Cdncowgirl, they don't offer this model in north america. it just makes them that much more special to me.