Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bellis and Baasha

My photographer friend came over again and got some nice pics of Baasha and Bellis running in the pasture. Of course I had to make them run with a lunge whip, because being out at pasture is normal for them, nothing to get excited about. I wanted pics of my new halter that Mrs. Mom made, but Baasha is just so hairy, face pics just didn't turn out as well as they could have. We never did get Bellis to do the Charge of the Light Brigade thing that she normally does when she runs, oh well. The photo where it looks like I'm pushing Bellis - I'm doing her favorite thing, giving her a butt rub. She has much more hair now that it's November, I'm surprised to see. She's a walking carpet again. My friend just loves that donkey and took a million photos of her. These are my favorites.

13 comments:

Zoe said...

So lovely to see them both looking so happy. What a lucky pair they are.

kbryan said...

Basha looks like a spring chicken, he looks so handsome! And Bellis' coat looks so pretty and healthy. Love seeing photos of them!

AareneX said...

They both look awesome--and your place is still so green. Bellis is so charming, and Baasha looks as young and healthy as I've ever known him to be!

The Swampland is brownish now, everything on the ground is beginning to hibernate and hasn't turned moldy yet. Plus, the !yellow! leaves are still falling and haven't finished rotting away. Soon, soon.

And besides, I have promised not to complain about weather anymore, unless it requires a shovel or a pump.

>g<

EvenSong said...

LOVE! the 3rd and 4th portraits!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The photos of Baasha running are beautiful!

~Lisa

likeschocolate said...

Gorgeous photos! Amazing creatures! I can see why you love them o much!

spotz58 said...

Baasha is so beautiful! Bellis seems to be a great companion for him. And you are so fortunate to have a gifted photographer for a friend!

Dreaming said...

Your friend took some awesome photographs.
I love them!

Achieve1dream said...

Wow!! Those photos are lovely!! Just gorgeous!!

Achieve1dream said...

Oh almost forgot. Those pictures of Bellis makes me really wish I could brush Zep. He looks so shaggy and gross in the winter!!

Bakersfield Dressage said...

Those are gorgeous pictures, Lytha!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

These photos are such a special gift now that Baasha has passed. What a blessing to have had this photo opportunity just a couple week before his passing.

These photos really show his true spirit and his proud and majestic stature.

Treasure these photos, my friend.

~Lisa