Tuesday, June 2, 2020

A few more from our photoshoot yesterday

She sent me a few more photos today, and I'm thrilled, but I really hope I get to see the ones I put stars next to. The one below, was one I starred. Love it!


     



Below, she submitted to taking a side-view photo of Mag but he was, again, asleep, so it's nice, but ...sleepy. I like it though!


     



This photo, below, was NOT on my list. The thing is, I have so many photos from her of Mag cantering/galloping toward the camera, and I honestly have enough. I'm thrilled that this time she got the entire horse - often he rushes the camera so fast she only gets his top half. She was trained by the world famous G. Boiselle, who prioitizes sunlight behind the horse. "Gegenlicht." I find it magical, calendar-worthy, but I'd rather have a less magical photo showing more of the horse's conformation (hence my desire for side-views and slower movement). It's nice, though!

     





     


Bandos, 1964, above is a famous ancestor of Mag out of the "Queen of Poland"  - Bandola. Bandola was the full sister of the horse Bask, imported to America in 63 to revolutionize the breed in the New World. Bandola stayed behind to become the Queen. I saw this photo of Bandos and immediately noticed the wounds on his pasterns. If you look closely, you'll see Mag has the exact wounds, from his sleep problem. Or? It could be something else, genetic? Who knows.

5 comments:

TeresaA said...

Those are lovely. They really capture his grace and elegance. I would have sent you the backlit one too..... :)

AareneX said...

I betcha most adult horses have digs and bumps like Mag and the Queen... but modern owners (and photographers) are adept at disguising and "fixing" the blemishes. I'd compare it to the Photoshop-culture in fashion photos.

I can never have too many photos of my horse. My senior mare Story was NOT photogenic, and her color (plain brown) made it difficult to get a flattering picture--plus, of course, the tech at the time was film-to-print, not easy to gimp!

Mag is pretty, but he's also fun. It comes through in the pictures.

T said...

So beautiful! I love them all.

Dom said...

Absolutely gorgeous...

Achieve1dream said...

He is SO gorgeous!! I love them all!