Friday, February 14, 2020

Enero

A for-sale horse came up online today and I gasped because it could have been a younger Mag. In fact, it turned out to be his brother. Both sired by Poganin, and they also share the maternal grandsire side.

His name's Enero. It's true Poganin has a slew of offspring (most of them race horses, including this one), but it still strikes me when I see one that similar to Mag.

     





Same: Right-side pink nose, left-side mane. Tiny butt, tiny ears. Thick legs. RF and LH pale hooves, LF and RH dark. Enormous sloping withers, sweet eyes, and a white bridle *lol*




     



 



     




 



     


***UPDATE***

I knew J would be doubtful, so  I've prepared an image of them side by side. He still thinks the chin is different, and that I'd never use such a crappy halter. He's right there.



     



6 comments:

hainshome said...

So cute.

TeresaA said...

They are definitely similar.

AareneX said...

Definitely a close resemblance. Do I dare ask how much money they are asking?

Dom said...

The resemblance is uncanny! Also, that jockey looks enormous on that horse because I'm used to these gigantic thoroughbreds over here.

lytha said...

Becky, cute is right, I almost want two of them. But not when I think of the quirkiness that is Mag!

T, thank you: )

Aarene, I'm still trying to find out.

Dom, Thank you!!! I'll tell my husband you said so. Hey, you knowing Poland, is the racing scene there mostly Arabians or do they actually race TBs? I've only heard of Arabian racing. In fact Mag's registration papers are through the Polish Jockey Club, for some reason.

HHmplace said...

Mag is has a more refined head. Both incredibly handsome!