Saturday, February 9, 2019

ebay

One of my favorite things to do is get rid of stuff I don't use on ebay. There's no craigslist here but there is an equivalent owned by ebay, so I enjoy telling people, "I got my cat on ebay."

You all were too nice to mention that my favorite new leather halter does not actually fit Mag's tiny face. You can add all sorts of holes but you cannot do that to the noseband, and as you can see in the photo below, the noseband makes the entire thing hang too low.

     


In this photo he's stressed because I'd literally turned the donkey loose at the Icelandic farm nearby. It's far enough from the street, and Michi was chatting with the owner, so I just let Bellis wander. She was as confused as Mag looks.

So I put this halter on ebay this week. It was 27Euros new. I buffed out a few scratches and it looks awesome. I would not part with this halter if it fit better.

I was contacted by someone asking if it would fit an Icelandic. I think so, no way to know for sure. Then the lady said, "I looked up the manufacturer that you listed in the ad, and this halter only costs 34Euros new, so I'm gonna just buy new." I had to smile - that's exactly what I'd do. I told her, "Right on."

Tonight I have someone else so interested she asked for my bank # immediately to send us the $. Yah!

It may have been wrong for me to put the manufacturer's name on my ad, but it gave people the opportunity to research, so I can't feel guilty. And, this halter is definitely worth 20Euros. Plus 4Euros shipping.

I love ebay, especially being able to sell something used for nearly new price.

And this is the first blog post I've written on my new laptop, I finally have a ThinkPad again, the best computers in the world. Not a power-user model, but any ThinkPad is a superior device. I only paid 300 because it's refurbished. I would never have known. It looks and behaves brand new. So just like I'll never buy a brand-new car, I may never buy a brand-new computer again.

6 comments:

hainshome said...

Thinkpad is the computer the school district gives all of the high schoolers. E doesn't have any textbooks, just her thinkpad. Because of that, they don't have lockers. Weird, huh?

TeresaA said...

It’s a nice halter. It must be hard to find one to fit his refined muzzle

AareneX said...

Yay for new tech...and really, I could probably buy a new computer if I'd sell all my old gear. But shipping stuff is such a hassle...erm, I have a lot of excuses.

He is dainty! I'll have to ask Duana what she got for Freya, another of those tiny-faced Arabs.

We have sn*w here. I hate it. Seattle is pretty much closed for business, and out here, well...I'm spending way too much time with my sn*w shovel lately.

arteriole said...

I ordered one from 2horsetack and not only can you pick the colours, but you can specify the sizing for a perfect fit :D

lytha said...

Becky, sad that Elise will miss the experience of creating her own book covers out of paper grocery sacks. I hope she has a good ThinkPad!

Aarene, I've learned that cob is not always arab, at least not in this big-horse land.

Arteriole, I did not know 2HT dealt in leather, but sadly the international shipping pushes the price of a halter from 30 to 60. It's always good to know about manufacturers who do custom orders!

Camryn said...

Chimacum Tack also does custom. It's where I got the minions harness. Plan to order a few breakaway halters from them real soon.