Friday, September 7, 2018

TP wants to go riding

I was stunned when I got the SMS, "Wanna ride the Bayer Busch loop?" (Which is the only loop I've done lately, though it's an abysmal walk along Hohestrasse for over 30 minutes in traffic, but she can see me pass by from her kitchen window......)


omgosh TP wants to ride with me?!!?!

I've known her since 2013 and she has never asked to go riding. I've asked so often I'd given up. Once she agreed to ride around her own arena with me and she told me to keep an arena width away from her Arabian Dakhin at all times. So, there's that. Bewildering, but I can deal with that.

As far as I know she sticks to arenas (her own, super fancy one that we all pay 7Euros to ride in, each time). I've called it "Hawaiian Silver" here before, because it has exquisite white sand you never see here.

You might recall her going to a local Western "Horsemanship" show, which I "crewed" for her - an unpleasant experience.

Photos (where I wasn't allowed to help, in any way):











But I've always wanted to go on a trail ride with her, cuz I need riding partners. DESPERATE.

Oh dear.....maybe this is a mistake.

***

My man just arrived home and I said, "You'll never believe it, TP wants to go riding with me."

He did a series of comically 1. horrified...2. appalled...3.unbelieving facial expressions, the last of which his jaw dropped and his hand was unable to bring the jaw up again, in its frozen state. *lol*

And then, pointing with the other hand's finger, he still couldn't get his jaw into the normal position cuz it was "totally locked up" he said. Very amusing, J.

So he understands.

***

After my confidence-inspiring ride last Tuesday with Ani and her new horse Moni, on that same trail, I feel OK.

And as I blogged, a few days before, I'd ridden the Bayer Bush loop with S1 and her chestnut Arabian, who is a fireball.  I was dreading that ride, but it was OK.

Now I have a new horse and new rider to accompany me on this trail....but I know Dakhin hates Mag, and is shod all around.

Then again Dakhin hates every horse.

I'm also curious of Dakhin behaves like that outside his property! And would Mag challenge him? You all know how Mag loves biting/chewing on horses he's out with.

 ***

Most of all, my worry for tomorrow morning will be that TP believes the entire Watershed belongs to her, and will not only try to get me to pay 7Euros per ride, but give me non-stop commentary on how I should be riding.

JK.............sort of. When I brough that up to my husband, he cracked up laughing. I'm done with the commentary-on-trail.

Mag has no idea what is to come tomorrow; wish I could control my own nerves.

My husband's comic response to her asking me to ride...I'll try to keep that in my head. MAG is not afraid, despite my husband's shock.

I'll bring my camera tomorrow. Hopefully there will be nothing much to share, besides "TP's 1st Outing with Lytha & Mag." Hrm!






6 comments:

AareneX said...

Well, I wish you the best, of course. But you know as well as I do that riding alone is far better than riding wish the wrong person.

(see, wasn't that tactful?)

lytha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lytha said...

J saw your comment and agreed, laughing at me (good luck tomorrow!) as he fled the house: )

Kitty Bo said...

I think one of things I enjoy so much about your blog is the cast of characters and your great portrayal of everybody (including horses) and the events. Most American horse blogs are predictable, but the people you ride with are a very different sort. So its not just the horses that make it interesting but the riders. The horse opera continues....

TeresaA said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Oh, I am so looking forward to your next post. I suspect your take on things will be super entertaining. Just a reminder... I love your writing.