Friday, June 8, 2018

My Nazgul

I showed Ani the first episode of Lord of the Rings yesterday; she'd never seen the films. I told her, "You have to watch, cuz you resemble a Ringwraith (Nazgul) when you ride your black horse in the pouring rain in your black cape!"

In every scene, there was a black fluid flowing down the Nazgul horses' legs.

As soon as we were done watching, the heavens opened up for one of the first true Summer storms and I went out with my camera.

My first film is 20 minutes long and shows me observing my animals at pasture in the storm, but ends up being a fight (my fight) against horse flies. Yah, even in the storm, the horseflies bit me three times in 20 minutes. I won't post it cuz you don't want to see it.

     



 It was 31C. Unbearable. Just like Baasha, these animals prefer trees to our shelter during lightning storms. I get that.




     


See how hazy it is, we wake every morning to humidity rising off the fields, our lawn, and today  like our house roof was on fire. It's merciless heat and humidity.



     






     


You cannot see the lightning in the video, oh well. You can kind of see Mag react to it though.


3 comments:

AareneX said...

It poured rain here today, and got cold(ish) in the mid-50's and the wind felt cold. I could have taken similar "wet horse" photos but I hid in the house instead.

I am such a weenie.

Kitty Bo said...

I love the Nazgul and their horses. I love that scene with them where the hobbits are hiding beside the rode. Did you watch it in English? That's pretty good for her to sit through 3 hours. Did she understand it? And yes, your Nazgul horse.

lytha said...

KB, we watch in English with German subtitles, her choice.