Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mare touches foal

I wanted to show you the excellence of my favorite horse (and dog) artist, Savitt, compared to a popular German horse photographer, Slawik.

One is a drawing, one is a photo. Savitt is so good, you almost cannot tell which is which. That is my kind of art.







Unfortunately for me, Savitt never took much time representing Arabian horses. He lived in a time before they were common in America, so he focused mainly on his beloved Thoroughbreds. He does seem to put Arabian ears on all his horses: )

1 comment:

AareneX said...

Huh, yesterday I picked up Savitt's book about the Tevis Cup!

It's an older title, my library had to borrow it from another library system, so I've gotta read fast to get it back on time. Of course, it's always true with Savitt: the best part is the pictures.