Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Mag "adjusts his back" and goes for the Misty of Chincoteague look

Good heavens, he's a live wire, and I was amazed I got him to TP's place today even though I took the trail and not Hohestrasse. For the first time ever, he spooked at the mailman's van! He really is using any excuse to jump about like he's crackers.

But I have a fancy dressage whip that reminds him now to stay out of my space, and when he does it, he gets lots of rewards.

I had his Barefoot Physio pad on today, cuz I planned on riding after I let him play a while in that fancy arena. Knowing he'd roll (and roll and roll) I cleverly included a brush in my saddle bag, so I could get the sand out of his coat.

Well that didn't work out.

He rolled so thoroughly in that puddly sand, he was soaking wet, encrusted when he was done. The tail I'd washed this morning (for photos!) was heavy and dark with sand, he couldn't even hold it up for a while.

It was like he was going for the Misty of Chincoteague look - a map of the world crusted onto his side. Some people like spotted Arabians, here ya go:















*crying* - this would have been The Photo to not enfilth yourself prematurely, horse. *wipes nose* Check it out, he's even holding his belly in.






"This electric fence here is NOT on, proof." Oh, Mag please don't cost me repairs here.






"I spent my young years on a wildlife refuge island off Maryland mostly, sometimes we got cocky and wandered into Virginia. Nevertheless, we were respected by the fire department, and given good homes after we had to swim a little."




He's standing in the high spot on our entire town, and over his rump you can see the start of the city of Cologne! We live in the hole on his right, way, down, so far we have little to fear from storms like Frederike who visited last week. Love the landscaping, so typical of fanatical Germans. I guess it's why they feel they can charge me 7Euros for each visit. This is why I stayed an entire 2 hours today. Just letting him play.




Then the sun came out. TP had brought us a tray of coffee and cookies and seemed really appreciative that I was there on her arrival from work at the Telekom in Cologne (T-mobile in America). I love this welcome, I appreciate it so much, I drank two cups of coffee with her as we watched Mag parade around, and I'll surely be awake at midnight tonight.



2 comments:

AareneX said...

Ooooooh, a young grey horse. So much mud, so much leaping about!

I'm glad he's your horse and not mine :-)

And he's pretty even UNDER the mud. You get his tail so clean.

lytha said...

Aarene, I work so hard: ) And today I held the little piece of Mara's tail that I saved in my hand, and thought, "Never had to wash it, made no difference."

I said "no more greys" and my photographer friend always laughs at me, "No more greys!!!"

Your pink Calvin Hobbes with horse is wonderful - you know Bree in Horse & His Boy was vain too. If horses can have the concept of vanity. J has the entire Calvin Hobbes collection on our shelf. It's ever expanding. I think it was a great help for him, to learn English.