Sunday, December 10, 2017

Day 3

It's really beautiful, but a couple trees fell on our fences, so I had to lock up Mag and Bellis overnight.


These pics were taken yesterday morning during a break in the snowfall. We've had no break today, but I went out there to cut the tree off the fence anyway. It was probably humorous when I banged the cut tree into another tree and that one dumped all its snow on my head.

As soon as I opened the gate to let the animals out, Mag rolled in the snow (soft!) but neither of them went out to pasture.



My little fire bowl has twice as much snow on it today, it looks like a lunar lander.



The walnut tree is sagging and we're afraid it might fall on J's office. It's not cold out, so the snow is heavy. My rose bush fell over from the weight, and many other bushes need to have the snow knocked off them, but it's not fun when it's coming down. My priority should be the greenhouse roof, but the snow is coming down in horizontal gusts.



Since there is only a half wall on my tack/feed room, it is full of snow. I found mice footprints in the snow on my feed tubs.



I love not having to worry about the power going out!



Shaking snow out of his ears.






3 comments:

TeresaA said...

That is quite the storm!

AareneX said...

Brr.

Still cold here, but clear. So everything's pretty and also frozen. Yay tank heater!

hainshome said...

You should brush the mud off him now that it might not be pointless!