Saturday, October 14, 2017

First day in my uniform

Would have been cool if you could have seen all the Arabic characters in the photo ID before my program refused to process them, cuz my new friend Ahmed from Syria took this photo on my first day with his cell phone in Arabic.

Oh well, I hope you see the Schwebebahn curling around behind us over the river Wupper, and the church behind me is the one our family went to for J's brother's wedding. What you cannot see is the European Football stadium in front of me, where we spent the day.

More on that later.

     


5 comments:

TeresaA said...

I love the smile! Congratulations.

AareneX said...

Yay yay yay yay YAY!!!!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You wear it well.

EvenSong said...

Pretty sharp looking EMT!!

lytha said...

Teresa, although I was not trilled to have our leader watching me acting like a newbie, I did try to express a real smile at that moment: )

Aarene, thank you for cheering, it was hard.

NM, did you know, I had no idea that day how I looked? I was expected to put it on and then go to work, and never having seen a mirror to know if the clothes even fit me!

KB, I'm over 40 now, so, invisible. But thank you: )

ES, HEY, I looked it up, in America, what this job is called. It is called EMT Basic, what I'm shooting for first. Then there's EMT Intermediate, which I will do in the next two years. And then....we'll see: ) You knew all along. In German it's called "Rescue Service Helper" and EMT Int is Rescue Service Sanitater" I'm excited where this might go, and how to incorporate my lifelong experience in both Technical Writing and Psychology, cuz both apply. Would be cool to be able to utilize them but not rely on them 100%, ya know?: ) Hey, we'll be in Seattle in March. Will you be home?