Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Who likes warm water more?






My stepdad saw this video and said, "Why not two buckets?" *lol* They took me by surprise, that's why. I've never had a horse who loves warm water, but Bellis gets a warm bucket every day in Winter and thirsty or not, she won't turn it down. Mag apparently likes it too, even though it's not yet Winter (and I was going to use that water to wash his tail).

I believe it reminds them of their mother's milk, cuz when else does a horse get a warm beverage?

I own 4 buckets, all part of the cost of shipping Baasha to Germany, to be used on the airplane. These are typical American buckets, but not usually seen in Germany, so I'm very happy to have them. After 9 years they look pretty good. I love a quality American-made product (Little Giant brand, but you knew that already).

5 comments:

Camryn said...

I use heated buckets in the winter but, couldn't say if any have had a preference. Makes me wonder now though.

AareneX said...

that is CRAZY!

I've never offered warm water (well, the tank has a heater, but that's just barely warm enough to prevent it freezing overnight).

Now maybe I'll have to try it! (but it's 62 degrees, nobody is suffering from chilled water!)

irish horse said...

Wow, they really love it! Similarly Major has (disgustingly) tried to drink the warm water I used to wipe him down after a winter ride,. It's salty (dirty) and warm and he'll try to slurp from it. So I'll empty the bucket and give him another with clean warm water and salt he will ignore it. Sigh.

Laura said...

Very cute! My horse loves warm water when it starts to get cold (any day now!) I usually give him a warm bucket every morning to encourage him to drink. The trough has a heater, but just to prevent freezing...

Achieve1dream said...

That is so cute!!!!!