Thursday, October 20, 2016

Joy

Michi just called me and said how nice it was to photograph a horse that was playing with the camera, and although she had just met him, she wasn't afraid when he came galloping directly at her over and over. She said Mag was having a great time and was not stressed at all by the experience, whereas some horses you can see the stress in their expressions during the shoot.

She wanted to be sure I'm happy with the photos. Of course I am.


When I met Mag last November the first thing I noticed was his eyes. They were pitch black and seemed to be rimmed in black.



Mag is asking himself if this is really what we want, for him to run around randomly.




"You will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." John 16:22







I love all the dust flying up below him.







I like the one ear back one ear forward look.



She brought this halter she got in Cairo (that Baasha wore years ago) but I neglected to adjust it to fit him, so it's hanging too far down on his nose, oh well. I love the light shining through the beads.



Michi was disappointed that our pasture had been mown and there were no thistle blossoms to shoot through. She wanted a variety of plants. Mag found a few long pieces. I love this shot.

Please don't "borrow" these photos. (Something I do all the time, I know.) I'm not sure if she'd mind me posting them here; as you know I never mention my blog here.

9 comments:

AareneX said...

My favorites always feature the horse eating something!

These are beautiful. And he really doesn't remind me much of Baasha in any of them, which surprised me. Still a lovely grey Arab...but not the other grey Arab. Mag is his own self. As he should be.

lytha said...

Aarene, I have pics of Baasha in that exact same spot taken by the same photographer at the same time of year with the sunlight hitting him in exactly the same way, and you're right.

Tina said...

She takes wonderful pictures!!!

Kitty Bo said...

These remind me of something you'd see in Arabian Horse World. Lovely!

kbryan said...

Stunning photos! And Mag looks like he was having a marvelous time. She really did a wonderful job. Can you ask her what lense(s) she used? Mag looks soooo beautiful!

lytha said...

KBryan, If I can find out without her wondering why I'm suddenly asking.....

kbryan said...

Ha ha. I am an amateur photographer (kbryan.com), and I have a LOT to learn, that is why is ask. I love the photos she took of Mag!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

GOR-geous photos!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Achieve1dream said...

Wow I love them all! He is so gorgeous. That answers my question about the halter too. I want an Arabian halter so bad.