Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Photos of Mag's father winning the All Nations Cup

I took some screenshots from the video in case you don't want to watch the entire class.


Entering the ring. Like his tail's on fire.



Right-side pink nose like Mag.



















Janow's brand on his left side, 683 I think. I don't know what Janow uses as a stud brand on the right side. Michalow uses 14.















This one especially reminds me of Mag.







Tail hooking to the left, like Mag. I kind of like this crooked tail, cuz it's not always that way, when Mag is calm or less excited than this, he wears a straight tail. Also, like Mag, scars. Note the big one on his chest. What is it with these Polish horses - Mag's maternal grandsire Ekstern is also beaten up on his face, like Mag, stripes that will never heal.




If you really want to see the class it's on the third page of this archive collection, under stallions 11 and up. They had this audience-involvement thing going on, where they ask the audience to pick a winner as well as the judges. I was surprised that the audience also picked Poganin. I actually liked the stallion who came in after Poganin, though it's hard to judge the horses from the odd camera angle, looking down on the horses so you don't get the proportions. The 2nd place stallion got a perfect score by all 6 judges on his trot. Poganin got a perfect score by 5 of 6 judges. But better scores on legs, where the other horse lost.

After this, I really want to go to Poland and see Mag's mother. She must be amazing, because I think Mag is better in some ways than his father.

Next year I'll be in Aachen if Poganin is there again. He was so close!

5 comments:

AareneX said...

He's really a powerhouse, isn't he?!

lytha said...

I wonder what Poganin looks like at rest: )

Kellie said...

WOW! Completely Amazing!

Fletcher said...

Cool :)

Achieve1dream said...

Gorgeous! Definitely chubby haha. I didn't know they liked Arabians fat for halter classes lol.