Monday, February 1, 2016

Coming home to a little chaos

I can't say "total chaos" cuz it could be worse, but we were gone all day and when we arrived home it was obvious that neither animal decided to go to the pasture today - Mag is still too scared to walk through the scary spot alone, and the donkey for some reason stayed at the barn all day too, even though I'd taken away the hay to encourage them to go out.

So with no hay or anything else to do today, Mag started taking down the garden stone wall.  Also he removed the water trough. He chewed on the stall door. He chewed bits off of the broom end that is attached to the barn for them to rub on. I wonder how much crap he ingested.

I would like to have seen what the donkey was doing as he tried his best to destroy/eat everything. Strangely, he hasn't figured out that he can stick his head into the tack room/feed room and turn on the light or take down the halters. I thought that would be the first thing he did.

I shooed Bellis out to the pasture at 3 PM, and had to halter him to take him through the scary spot and then he went prancing out to pasture, and I doubt they'll come in anytime soon. Just before total dark I'll go get the donkey and hope the horse follows like yesterday. If not, I'll halter him and drag him in too.

After cleaning that all up, I realize it could have been worse. Next time we are going to be gone all day, I'll make sure they're at the pasture first!

Since I have no photos for this post, please enjoy a video of Mag's father Poganin, also of the Snorty McSnorterston clan.

5 comments:

ninergirl04 said...

Idle "hooves(?)" are the tools of the devil! LOL Sounds like someone got bored and created his own mischief. I bet Bellis was telling him, "Boy, wait til Mom gets home, you're going to be in Big Trouble." Hopefully, he won't make a habit of rearranging everything for you. Loved the Poganin video – such a charismatic stallion. Mag has quite the exemplary pedigree. Have you ever seen the documentary DVD made by Horsefly Films, “Path to Glory – The Rise and Rise of the Polish Arabian Horse”? It’s pretty amazing. Here’s a link to the website and a video preview: http://www.horseflyfilms.com/Documentary.html
BTW, I emailed the "Tribute to Ekstern" AHW article to you today. Enjoy!

Achieve1dream said...

His sire is gorgeous!

Awwwwww.... I was so hoping he was over it and would walk out on his own. Darn! Maybe he is fine coming in now, but not going out... oh well, he will get it in time. I just hope he figures it out before he drives you crazy lol.

I hope he didn't destroy anything too expensive or inject anything bad.... Oh Mag!!

kbryan said...

Mag's sire and dam are beautiful! It is interesting to hear about his lineage. Have fun with him!

AareneX said...

Poganin McSnorterston is very pretty...and as always, I find myself thinking, "but I can't tell these grey horses apart!"

I think it's interesting that even when he's snorting like a train and bouncing along, he's still keeping an eye on the handler. The very moment that he is asked to focus, he does.

Then he gets released and goes back to LOOKING AT ALL THE THINGS!

It would drive me nuts, truly the opposite of Sensible, but dang it is lovely to see somebody else working with him.

Glad that Mags didn't eat your whole place in one day. Maybe they are dieting?

HHmstead said...

What a gorgeous horse! Bet you're excited at Mag's potential!