Monday, November 2, 2015

Today

My man just got off the phone with the Hannover vet to detail our requests for a 2nd PPE for the bay gelding. I'm so pleased that my husband is so horse-knowledgeable to talk to vets. The horse's owner had called me at 8:30 AM to tell me she would schedule the exam. I found this very punctual and promising. It's hard not to be filled with hope.

After 2 years of unemployment I have a job interview tomorrow at a ....well, it's not software company. That would be refreshing for me, to be a Technical Writer for something other than software. I'm so done with Agile. It wore me down and made me reconsider my career. And the job is only 22KM from home, exactly half my travel distance to Cologne that sucked my will to live away between 2011 and 2013.

This morning I saw the planets that you all have been talking about, and was lamenting that there is no monthly Star Party here like in Seattle, where anyone can come and look through a variety of amateur telescopes to see the rings of Saturn, the storm on Jupiter....Now I am on a mission to find something similar here.

Today on our 2 hour walk, my donkey came into heat as I walked with her. As we walked along she displayed the chomping and pinned ears that donkeys do when they submit for mating. I was at first intimidated but then I realized she wasn't aiming her emotion at me, she was just displaying. I'd seen her act like this with Ezra, which led to mating. Have you never seen a donkey's signs? Here. Here. Note the friendly demeanor despite the ears that horse people know to watch out for.

My husband just called me to his office and pointed to a newspaper, oh - the photography event from yesterday was covered by our newspaper. Thank goodness I wasn't in the photo. Nor the video I found on Facebook today, so glad I was late! My photographer friend was apparently hired to photograph the event and her photos were used in the video. I exclaimed to J, "Again, it's so hard to NOT be in the newspaper in Germany!" (So far I've been in the paper twice as a main story (American weds German/Horse falls through Bridge), and twice in photos from musical/cultural events. In Seattle, I was never once in a paper.)

Some photos from the weekend:


This was the third time I'd cleaned up leaves under this walnut tree. We have two of them. I am tempted to cut them down. Today J raked and got 4 huge sacks full of leaves, only 2 days after I'd removed them all. This is our warm-up routine to snow shoveling.



For some reason the tiny petunias are happy this time of year - they were dead when we returned from America in August.



In Bergisch Gladbach, where we hid a cache Saturday in a bicycle park, we saw these two trysting Oak/Beech trees.



Don't take my picture!



Our little kitty, who is either getting older this year, or more sensitive to cold, because she spends so much time with us indoors.



She sleeps on our king sized bed at night and we cramp ourselves together into a corner to allow her space. Ridiculous.



She's not a very tame cat though. We're not allowed to touch her much. Holding her is at our own risk.

OK that was a little more than just today, this post. I feel like my grandmother how I've always got a camera in my hand. Hopefully good news this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for the bay and the job.

AareneX said...

As redhorse sez, fingers crossed. You will let us know ASAP about the bay gelding, right?

Weaseldancr said...

The 405 toll lanes aren't too bad. Most times they aren't that expensive and make the going much faster. But other times they're even slower than the regular purpose lanes.

irish horse said...

Getting anxious for news here! I do love that photo of the giant oak/beech tree, how interesting. But mostly I love your kitty photos, she is so cute, and looks sweet. My old kitty wasn't the friendliest, and didn't want to sit on your lap, but wanted to be near you, and took over the bed too...I miss her.

Achieve1dream said...

Nope never seen a donkey in heat. That was interesting lol. If I saw that and didn't know what was going on my first thought would have been choke (minus the drool)!

Fingers crossed for the bay and the job! Hoping for good news!